“Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M services provided within the previous 7 days not leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment;
99441 (G2012 for Medicare) – 5-10 minutes of medical discussion
99442 – 11-20 minutes of medical discussion
99443 – 21-30 minutes of medical discussion
· The patient must be established to the practice
· The visit can’t be related to an E/M service provided in the last 7 days
· The visit can’t trigger a face-to-face visit within 24 hours or the soonest available appointment
· In addition, “The patient must verbally consent to using virtual check-ins and the consent must be documented in the medical record prior to the patient using the service.”
· Nurse practitioners (NPs)
· Physician assistants (PAs)
· **Not covered under Primary Care Exception
· Verbal consent obtained
· Statement that the service was provided via telephone
· Time-in and Time-out
· Reason for the visit
· Synopsis of the conversation
· Outcomes (i.e. prescription, care instructions, recommendations, etc.)
type ;telephonevisitconsent and the text will auto populate in clinic note.
Here is the actual consent text:
This telephone visit is to assess your health and treat any conditions remotely. Since we are in different locations, we must rely on the information you provide to TTUHSC so we encourage you to ask questions and see clarifications as needed. You will be responsible for any copay which will be billed at a later time. Patient consent was obtained.
Use only for minor or individual with a legal guardian
You will be asked for your name and relationship to the patient, which will be documented in today’s note. You will need to be present during the entire encounter with the patient being treated today.
Patients should be called the day before their scheduled appointment to see if they are interested in a phone visits.
Good Morning/Good Afternoon,
Due to the recent events related to COVID-19, your safety is our priority so we would like to see if you would be willing to have a telephone call with your provider instead of a face to face visit.